Getting married in church is a great occasion for a couple to celebrate their love and commitment to each other among family and friends, and to receive God’s blessing on their life together.
Weddings are also a very special part of the ministry of St Mary’s, so if you live in Wythall parish or have a strong family connection here and are looking to tie the knot we’d be delighted to be involved!
Thinking about a Church Wedding?
Churches are very special places and there are some things about a church wedding that you just can’t get anywhere else. Here are six good reasons to choose St Mary’s for your special day:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. For many couples God’s blessing is the main attraction.
- You can make amazing vows in church. You can only make promises this big when you marry in church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- You can be involved in making choices about your ceremony. The Vicar will help you plan the service, blending ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches are often said to have an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience, and people regularly describe St Mary’s as ‘peaceful’, ‘beautiful’ or ‘prayerful’.
- A Church wedding isn’t just about the big day. St Mary’s will pray for you as your wedding approaches, and will be there for you in the months and years to come.
- You’re welcome to marry at St Mary’s whatever your beliefs. Whether or not you are baptized/christened and regardless of whether you go to church, it’s your church and we welcome you!
Getting married at St Mary’s
During our 27 years without a church building most Wythall weddings took place at Tanworth-in-Arden church. And for those who grew up in Wythall hoping to be married there, it’s still a possibility which we can talk through with you.
However, we’re now excited to be able to offer couples the current church building as a special venue for their big day. If you haven’t been to the church before, do join us for one of our Sunday services (9am or 10.30am each week) and have a look.
To book a wedding through St Mary’s your first step is to call our Church Office. Our Church Administrator will take some details and we will guide you through the processes involved, including securing the date and time and making you aware of the fees, as well as contacting the vicar who will take your wedding service. Contact the church office here.
Alongside this the Church of England website has some excellent resources for couples who are looking planning a wedding.